Most of you are probably aware of Audible, which is a paid audiobook service through Amazon. There are a ton of selections on Audible and we think it’s totally worth it. But if you want to give audiobooks a try for free, then discover the magic of Hoopla.
What is Hoopla?
Hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. They have hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more content being added daily. Hoopla is like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere.
Hoopla is my favorite free app that you can link with your free library card. All you have to do is find a library that offers Hoopla and sign up for a library card there. We live in a township that doesn’t offer Hoopla at our local library, but the library in our closest major city does offer Hoopla, so we easily got a library card there online and linked it with the Hoopla app and now our whole family is listening to audio books for free. What I like about Hoopla vs. Overdrive or other free listening services is that it’s so easy to use. Give it a try and you’ll see what we mean. (TAKE ACTION)
- Call your local library and ask if they offer Hoopla? If they don’t ask them who does and how you can get a card there?
- Download the “hoopla” app on your smartphone.
- Link your free library card with hoopla app and go through the prompting steps. Click here for more on how to use Hoopla.
- Always check hoopla first before you buy a book to see if it’s offered or free with your library Card/Hoopla.
I’d be willing to bet that you are dealing with one or more of these issues right now.
- Your marriage is on the rocks;
- The kids are not listening;
- You are way too busy and overwhelmed;
- Your job is slowly (or quickly) killing you
The beauty of audiobooks is that you can work on these issues while you are doing your normal daily activities. You don’t have to schedule separate time for this. We listen to audiobooks on Hoopla while folding laundry, cleaning the house, preparing meals, driving, taking a shower, taking a walk, getting ready in the morning, getting ready for bed, doing yardwork, doing mindless tasks at work, etc. No more wasted time during the day. You might learn something new and get inspired. See other ways we incorporate audiobooks into our lives.